Playing live music for new fans and Music Lovers may require attending locations you’ve never been to before and spending time with people you don’t know. Always take this into consideration as you prepare for a gig. Follow these safety tips to the best of your ability, and any other safety actions that you choose:
- Check the reviews of the Music Lover before accepting an invitation. If they are new, there won’t be any reviews, but when there are reviews, read them carefully before accepting. Music Lovers and Artists can only review each other after a booking is complete, so you know the feedback you’re reading is based on actual experiences.
- Make sure the correct event details are logged in the Gixon app. If there is a last-minute change, be sure to record this in your Gixon chat.
- Tell a trusted friend or family member where you will be, how long you expect to be there, when you expect to return from the gig, and how to contact you. Many Artists choose to use a location tracking app when they are at gigs.
- Arrive at the event with a clear head. Be aware of your surroundings. Don’t drink alcohol or consume drugs that may impact your judgment before or during an event.
- It’s often a good rule to not accept any beverages that are provided in an open container. Bring your own water with you and keep it where you can always see it.
- If you feel your safety is threatened, take appropriate action to get to a safe place and contact the authorities. While Gixon needs to hear about any concerns, your first priority must be your own safety.
- If you want to file an incident report with Gixon, only do this when it is safe to do so.