The health and safety of the Gixon community and all those who attend events with Gixon Artists are extremely important to all of us.
When you are considering booking an event, confirm that the plans are fully compliant with all local health and safety regulations. Those regulations often change with little notice, so it’s important to keep checking back. Different venues may also have their own health and safety rules, and should provide these whenever someone inquires about an event. We encourage you to ask about these, and ask how the venue is complying with local regulations.
After an Artist has accepted a booking request, it’s important to have a conversation with them about all health and safety regulations and how you can work together to protect our community. Guests can benefit from some friendly reminders throughout an event about following local regulations and staying healthy and safe.
You can also check our community forum, where the Gixon community shares tips and experiences that are helpful in planning safe events.
Gixon is a live music booking platform/marketplace that connects local Artists with Music Lovers. Using Gixon, Music Lovers can book artists directly for events, parties, and special occasions for friends, families, and employees. Put simply, Gixon exists to connect Artists to paying customers (Music Lovers) and customers to Artists who want to perform paid gigs in their local area.
Gixon uses your phone number as one step in the Artist verification process. Once you’ve provided your phone number, you’ll receive a verification code via SMS. You must use the code to confirm your phone number.
Gixon provides Music Lovers and Artists with the opportunity to securely connect via either a phone call or Gixon chat after a booking is confirmed.
Note: a phone number is an important part of communication, and every Gixon artist must have a working phone number.
Health guidelines may vary in different locations. Artists and Music Lovers must follow all local health and safety guidelines and regulations. General recommendations often include the following:
- Maintain a safe distance from other individuals whenever possible
- When indoors, or when unable to maintain a safe distance from others, wear an approved mask as advised by local health authorities
- Do not attend an event or gig if you meet the criteria for risk of COVID-19 as set by local health authorities
- Confirm with Music Lovers that they are following all health and safety guidelines, will ask their guests to do the same
- If the gig is in an established location (e.g. a bar, restaurant, or centre), contact the owner/operator in advance regarding their health and safety procedures
- Practice thorough hand washing whenever possible. Use hand sanitiser as recommended when it is not practical to wash hands.
- If your gig includes singing or speaking, consider using a spit guard in front of the microphone.
- Sanitise any gear that comes in contact with you or others both before and after every gig.
- Gixon will not be held responsible for any illness or injury acquired in relation to a Gixon event. It’s very important to take all health and safety precautions seriously.
Gixon is a community of individuals who love enjoying and sharing live music. This shared passion is the foundation for building a strong and trusting community.
Great communication is essential for building trust. Use the chat or phone option in the Gixon app to communicate with your Music Lover after the booking is confirmed.
Trust is also built through the reviews left by Artists and Music Lovers. Reviews are the only way the Gixon community can get to know each other, and they are an essential part of our community.
Note: Gixon is nothing without Artists and Music Lovers, and we rely on everyone to contribute with respect and consideration. Thank you for being part of our community!
Reviews are very important to the Gixon community! Gixon doesn’t direct, monitor, or review performances and events, and both Music Lovers and Artists use the candid feedback in reviews to contribute to the best possible experience on the platform and at events.
All reviews of Music Lovers will only be visible to Artists when they receive a booking request from that Music Lover and to the Music Lover who receives the review. They are not publicly visible on the Gixon platform in the way that an Artist’s reviews are public.
The review, along with the star rating (from 1 to 5 stars) is used by other Artists to determine whether to accept a booking from the Music Lover.
Note: All reviews must comply with our community standards. If a review is in violation of the standards, the review will be removed, and the reviewer will receive a warning and an explanation of our community standards. Repeated violations may result in removal from Gixon.